The babies are one week away from being a year old. This means they have been on Earth 358 days.
And on Day 358, Dean stood up from a stooping position for nearly 5 seconds!! So exciting! I literally held my breath while he was doing it. He was so proud of himself. And I was so proud of him! He looked so strong, and so much like a big boy! He is my little athlete!
Kristie, the physical therapist, said Cary stood up twice on his own while she was here on Monday, but I have yet to see him do it for more than a fraction of a fraction of a second.
On Day 357, Cary explored a little blue tunnel I put in the living room and determined that he loved it! He crawls in and giggles on his way out to the other side. Sometimes he stops in the middle and peers out one of the net windows. (Dean's still not so sure he really wants to go in there, but he cracks up at Cary peeking out the windows). He is my little explorer!
I don't know if it's because they are turning 1 or not, but I really seem to notice more and more how they have grown and are maturing. I remembered today when they were newborns how nervous I used to be when I thought someone was burping them too hard, or causing them to startle. Now, Lester tosses them up in the air and they crack up laughing. He flips them upside down and they crack up laughing. They push each other down and fall and bump their heads and chins and knees, and somehow they are still alive.
I am impressed with Cary's penchant for all things auditory-related. He perks up when he hears music and can imitate many sounds. He absolutely loves to hear us read books out loud. He cracks up when Michelle does her funny voices. Already he can "say" words such as "danh" for fan, "boo" for "boom" (as in Chicka Chicka Boom Boom), "brrrm brrrm" - which is what a tractor says. He even mimics my father's gruff voice by growling when he hears me say the word "Granddad." Sooo smart!
I am floored by Dean's fierce affectionate nature. He loves giving us kisses and sitting on my lap. He hugs us so tight and clamors after Michelle when she comes in the house. Tonight, when I came in to check on a loudly-complaining Cary 10 minutes after they were supposed to be asleep, Dean popped up in the crib and grunted for me to come kiss him goodnight - again. Once I did, he laid right back down in the crib, grabbed Lovey the Puppy, and cooed. Sooo sweet!
In the coming days, I want to try to enjoy every drop of the last bits of wonderful infant-ness I have left in them. I can already see how quickly they are growing up and away. :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment