Clair's vocabulary has skyrocketed in the last couple months, and it is a real joy to listen to her express herself in creative and hilarious ways. Her personality, too -- which was always big -- has heightened now that she has more she can say, and a better understanding of the way the world works.
She laughs all the time, deep belly laughs that bring tears to her eyes -- and ours. The cutest thing is that she is half the time laughing at her own antics or silliness. She is so much fun.
The latest thing that made Clair crack herself up underscored what it must be like to be the little sister of two rowdy brothers.
It was the end of the night, and I sat her on her changing table. As I leaned in to kiss her goodnight, she let out a deep belch.
"Clair!" I said, with mock surprise. "Say excuse me!"
"Scu me," she said, smiling. Then her eyes lit up.
"BURP!" she said -- and cracked up, proud of herself for knowing the word.
"Yes, you burped," I laughed.
She giggled so hard, I started laughing harder and we were both standing there laughing like idiots.
After I put her to bed I thought to myself how well she'll fit in with Cary and Dean when she gets older. She finds them absolutely hilarious; she isn't afraid to get knocked down in a pillow fight or pop one of them upside the head when necessary. And she can burp with the best of 'em.
That's my girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment