(Here's my Show Me the Mommy photo -- right before I went into a food coma. That pretty lady beside me is my friend, Andrea. Happy Birthday!!)
Several of Andrea's family members were there, including two handsome teenaged boys, brothers who were 16 and 15, respectively. I could not stop staring at them. (Not because they were handsome, people! I like 'em young, but not that young!) I kept thinking, "My boys are going to be teenagers one day. Soon!" I loved how close the two of them seemed, and I wondered if my boys will be that sweet together when they're older.
And I also was a little freaked out at the fancy clothing they were wearing: North Face and Nike jackets and designer jeans and sneakers I know must cost a zillion dollars. I asked their father if either one of them had a job, and he laughed hysterically! Then he started naming all the "things" they had; iPads and iPods, sneakers and cell phones and...OMG! Who is going to pay for all those things when my two are teenagers???
I think Lester may have to get a second job. :-)
Speaking of my wonderful husband, while I was out drinking bellinis and packing on the pounds, Lester stayed home with the babies and forgot to feed them lunch or put them down for their second nap. Ahem.
So they went to sleep later in the afternoon than usual, and skipped their third bottle. The time change contributed to this mix-up, but it's made me think that perhaps we can skip the third bottle altogether -- they usually only drink a little of that bottle anyway, preferring to eat solid food at both their middle-of-the-day feedings -- and maybe put their second nap off until later in the day.
Perhaps we'll try it this week.
Random other stuff: We gave the babies cottage cheese today. They sort of liked it at first, but then not so much. I think the texture was weird to them. We also introduced thawed frozen peas as a finger-food snack, which they liked a lot. And we gave them mac-n-cheese this weekend. BIG HIT!
Dean is the sweetest baby ever. He just hugs and hugs me and kisses Lester -- all day long.
He also has started waving! It's toooooo cute. We were feeding the boys tonight and he was waving at me while he was drinking his bottle.
Cary is hysterical. He is so silly! He makes funny noises and cracks up laughing at everything. I love how smiley he is when we go in his room to get him, and how he giggles and giggles when he's being tickled, or when Dean makes a funny-to-him sound, or when we sing the ABC song.
Some days, I am tired or stressed and I lose sight of days like this, when I am just so in love with these two little boys! I'm so grateful to God that I'm their mother and that Lester and I get the privilege of raising them. I'll have to try to remember this feeling more often. I am truly blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment