Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2013 USDA Cost of Groceries

I promise not to beat this egg anymore after today, but Deborah Stein was kind enough to send the most up-to-date version of the link I posted yesterday.

Here's the new link, and you can also click the photo below to enlarge it and see what the gov't has to say about meal-preparation costs in 2013:
 


According to this, every one of you who commented on my original groceries post is doing really well keeping costs in check -- even as we all try to prepare healthful, tasty, relatively interesting meals for our families.

We should all be proud of ourselves! Keep up the good work, folks!

(The "thrifty" plan AKA the "eat a bunch of crap or starve" plan is still disgustingly low to me, but that's a rant for another day.)

Aaaaaaand, now I'm hungry! Who's up for second-breakfast?


3 comments:

DCAngel said...

Yep, that's what I took from this chart -- we're doing really well! Yay!

And hellz yes, I'm up for second breakfast! :D

claudia said...

Thank you for bringing up the taboo subject and for the chart. It is food (pun intended) for thought on many levels.

Erin said...

Thanks for the chart - enlightening! BTW, have I told you about www.moneysavingmom.com? Lots of good ideas about saving grocery $. And uplifting in other ways too. :)