Thursday, July 5, 2012

Celebrating the 4th in a truly American way: Being Lazy and Eating Brownies

We had a lazy, lazy Fourth of July holiday, just hanging around the house, barely getting out of our PJs,  reading, building things with Legos and jumping around on the sofa, giggling. (Some of us older members of the Davis family did not participate in that last part...)

I figured out how to get Dean to smile. Instead of, "Say Cheese!" I say, "Say, leaf-blower!" For some reason, he thinks "leaf-blower" is a hilarious word.
Same for Cary. Except his funny word is "weedwhacker."
Beth gave the boys "Go, Dog, Go!" when she came to visit us back in February. It remains a daily favorite.

Watch out for Clair!!! (I must say that a thousand times a day.) If this baby turns out to be a prissy, dainty thing, I won't have any idea how. Not with these two ruffians constantly pummeling her.

 I also made brownies and let the boys sample them, warm from the oven, before bedtime. Sugary treats are just that -- treats -- at our house, so this was a big deal. I'm pretty sure the Fourth of July is now officially my kids' favorite holiday. Even though they have no idea what fireworks even are. 


And Clair, who had already shown she could roll from tummy to back (at night, mostly, while she is supposed to be sleeping) mastered the back-to-tummy roll, too. Here's a little video Michelle caught of her the day before the holiday. My favorite part is when the boys say, "Yayyy!"
Sibling support is so awesome!



Speaking of Clair, I took this picture of her, which reminded me of photos of myself when I was a baby.

 
So I went searching for a baby pic to see if I was right, but this one was all I could find.


Do you see a resemblance? It's a really poor quality pic of me, I know...but I can sorta see it...

I was 9 months old in this picture, so maybe I'll do this again when Clair's a little older. I'll style her hair like mine and everything. (P.S. You can't tell from the photo, but not only do I have on little gold earrings, I also have on bangles! My family is serious about the baby jewelry, so you can only imagine the reaction when I told them we'd decided not to get her ears pierced. MAMMA Mia!!)

Happy Fourth of July (a day late)!!!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

They look so grown up with their hair short. I love it!