The big boy beds are here!
(I know saying this probably means the kiss of death, but...)
So far so good!
.JPG) |
| Yay! I'm a big boy! |
.JPG) |
| I'm free! I'm free! |
Lester converted them on Sunday, so we've only had one nap and one overnight to practice, but aside from a little bit of extra time to actually get them in the beds, we have not had any issues. They stayed in their beds for the entire nap and overnight too. Both times one of us had to go in the room once to say, "Hey, knock it off!" for some reason or another. But as is usually the case with them, right after that, they were conked out.
So let's see how this goes from here on out.
Also, we took all the kids to the Baltimore Aquarium for the first time. We met up with our friends David and Stephanie, and their beautiful boys Dylan, 2, and Landon, 2 months.
.JPG) |
| Here we are at the dolphin show, which was a huge hit!! Landon is wearing the outfit we bought him, which says, "World's cutest little brother!" Awwwww. |
.JPG) |
| This is the classic Dean face. |
The boys loved all the fish and the dolphins, but truthfully, I think they liked riding on all the escalators much more. So we'll wait awhile before paying the $30-per-adult (!!!!) ticket price until we think they are really ready.
Afterwards, we went out for lunch at the Inner Harbor and ate seafood -- appropriate, right? :-)
.JPG) |
| There's a huge guitar on top of the restaurant. When Cary saw it, this was his reaction. He thought it was the silliest thing he'd ever seen. |
All in all, a very good weekend!
3 comments:
Your big-boy beds actually look nice. Zachary's conversion was a joke. That rail they provided was only about a foot long, clearly designed to keep a child's head -- but nothing else -- from falling off the side. I'm glad it's working out for you.
But seafood after the aquarium? That just seems wrong. :)
Dude--knock on wood that you didn't just jinx the easy-big-boy-bed transition! LOL. Of course, leave it to the Davis boys to have no issues with something so momentous. They're pros! Glad it's gone well, and they're soooo cute! And I'm jealous you guys went to the Aquarium. Did you do dollar days? We should try to get together soon. (It's only December--the busiest month ever. I'm sure we can make it work! LOL)
Seafood after the aquarium was just plain WRONG! But tasty I'm sure!
Post a Comment