This week, I have been too tired at the end of every night to even open up the laptop.
But tonight, I decided that I had to push myself to blog.
The problem is, I've also been too tired to really think hard about and reflect on anything going on in this house.
I am seriously a zombie these days.
I can say this: This week, both boys took tumbles off our bed. Cary fell backwards while sliding off the bed (he was so close to being down, too!) and Dean just dove headfirst, while attempting to reach the alarm clock on my nightstand. He has a nasty bruise on his forehead, which makes me cringe whenever I see it, but he's no worse for wear otherwise. That same day, though, he also slipped in the bathtub and split his little lip. Oh, my heart! The blood! The tears! The puppy dog eyes! Ugh.
I really wish I could stuff them both back in my uterus where at least they were safe, dangit!
I talked to a very dear friend today whose son is 20-months-old and she was lamenting how busy he is, how he runs everywhere and jumps from everything and is constantly injuring himself. "He has a black eye right now," she said, "from running into a door."
A black eye? Lordie.
My children aren't even running and jumping yet, and already they're racking up casualties.
Is this what I have to look forward to in the coming months? 'Cause seriously, I don't think my heart can take it.
1 comment:
I hate to say it, but get used to it! This is why someone needs to invent a bubble-wrap zip-up suit! (Breathable, of course.) Helmets might not be a bad idea, either. You'll get through it!
Post a Comment