There wasn't much damage (thank God!) but City Hall shut down to inspect the foundation, so Lester got sent home early. I left about a half-hour early, too, and when I got home, my house was empty. Using my training from years of reading Encyclopedia Brown books and watching Matlock and Murder She Wrote, I determined that Lester's car was parked outside, but the little red wagon was missing.
"A-HA!" I thought. "They've gone for a walk!"
So I got in the car and found them headed toward the park.
Encyclopedia, Ben and Jessica would be so proud of me!
We had a really good time at the park, although I think my boys are still just a tad young for all the equipment. They mostly liked sitting just outside the park on a blanket with us, under a huge shade tree, gathering sticks and rocks and trying to keep their balance walking on uneven surfaces. (Getting a little better!!)
They loved watching all the other children play, and the people walking their dogs in the neighborhood. Cary went crazy watching two boys riding their bikes up and down in front of the park. He kept saying "buk! buk!" and waving his hands in the air excitedly.
Then they discovered a little girl's bike near us on the grass. And it was all over.
When the little girl (who was very sweet) came to retrieve her bike, it was time to go home.
Thankfully, the rest of the night was fairly uneventful. The boys ate next to nothing for dinner (oh well), sailed through their baths, got their meds before we said Good Night prayers, and conked out without a peep.
If that's the chain reaction we get from going to the playground before dinner, I say we go every night!
No comments:
Post a Comment