Blogging has many perks.
I get to vent. I formulate my thoughts.
I'm recording events/photos/memories for posterity's sake.
I get advice, support and encouragement from friends, new and old.
And now, I'm adding "accountability" to the list of good things about blogging.
Lester and I share Google docs about all kinds of things: our budget, invites to activities, letters we're co-editing, possible names for Curve Ball, etc.
We've had a doc listing the things we need to do to get ready for our daughter's arrival for weeks now, and neither of us has made one attempt to do anything about any item on the list. We're pathetic.
I keep reminding Lester that soon -- and very soon -- I will be too pregnant to be of any help to him whatsoever in this department (save ordering things online, which I can do VERY well), so if he wants my help, we need to get on it. Then I figured maybe if I get on it, he'll follow suit.
Problem is, I never get on it.
So...I decided to post our entire doc here, so that is now in the public domain. My hope is that by putting it out there for all the world to see, I will feel more compelled to act.
Yes, I'm using you blogosphere. No shame in my game.
So here's the list. My goal is to have this all done by early January, since Curve Ball is due Feb. 28! (Yikes!!)
Things to Do Before the New Baby Comes
1. Organize and streamline basement storage area to prepare for guest room stuff coming to live there
2. Move guest room furniture and racks of shoes to basement storage area
3. Paint guest room
4. Move boys’ cribs and furniture into guest room
Little table and chairs possibilities:
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3Atoddler%20table%20chair%20sets&page=1
5. Paint boys’ room (now the new baby’s room)
6. Buy furniture/decor for new baby’s room
Possibilities:
http://www.amazon.com/RoomMates-RMK1439SLM-Scroll-Stick-MegaPack/dp/B003NGTNFG/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1318860787&sr=1-1
http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/kli/kli5024bed4.html
http://www.nurserydepot.com/cribbedding/productdetails.asp?id=1-10001834-10001836-148224-4-2&id2=602-0-0-0-0&
7. Move furniture into new baby’s room
Baby Stuff We Will Need
1. Single stroller
2. Triple stroller
3. Crib
4. Booster seat
5. Playmat
6. Clothes
7. Diapers
8. Crib mattress pad and sheets, comforter etc. (bedding)
Also will need ONE additional convertible carseat (for one of the boys) -- hopefully donated!
So there it is...the list of things to do before Curve Ball arrives.
And we can add to that list: SETTLE ON A NAME FOR CURVE BALL!!! Gracious, we're pathetic.
3 comments:
One random thought, have you considered using a pocket sling or an ergo or something with the double stroller instead of going all the way to the triple? Then the double plus the single when you have two adults? This is really just because I'm intimidated by the triples ;-)
Looks like a reasonable list, but one to get on. Any friends, local, that can be motivated by pizza?
I remember when I was doing the measurements when we were going to have three kids to try to have the option of putting all three car seats in the same row, it's complicated! I even considered a plan where Trajan would get into the car by the back hatch at one point and put the twins in the middle by themselves. Aurelia died before we actually implented, so I don't have great advice, just commiseration!
Have you thought about getting toddler beds for the boys instead of buying another crib. Caje was two when we moved her out of the crib, but Jace made to move at 18 months. We skipped toddler beds and went straight to twin beds.
I guess I better get my butt there soon, it sonds like the guestroom is about to be a thing of the past.
You might want to move your goal up to December. Not because I think she will be early, but I would think the diabetes will get you to the point of not wanting to do anything sooner rather than later.
You're a woman with a plan, and that's a good thing! Keep us posted on your progress. I'm still aiming to get out my room-by-room list of what we want to do with our house. It's only been, what, 5 months now? LOL
Post a Comment