Anyway, it was all the rage then. It made high-fashion more accessible, as you didn't have to be dressed in head-to-toe couture, and as a bonus, even the celebs were doing it!
I say all that to tell you that this weekend was high-low weekend for the Davises.
I took the boys to hear the Baltimore Philharmonia Orchestra, who played a beautiful selection of Christmas music and old favorites, such as songs from My Fair Lady and The Sound of Music.
It was awesome! I left singing "I Could've Danced All Night...." all night long.
The music was really beautiful and I loved that the boys got to see real musicians and real instruments, and hear something other than "The Ants Go Marching" 25,000 times a day.
Cary was a little unnerved by the really loud crescendos, and Dean kept wandering up to little old ladies with white hair and then would run off, shaking his head "No!" when they smiled at him and tried to have conversation. But other than that, it was very nice. And very high-end!
I mean, hello, there were cellos involved.
Afterwards, I figured my two boys had had enough culture for one day, so we decided to go grab an early dinner -- at IHOP! Holla!!
The boys had chicken tenders and fruit and French fries. I had pot roast and mashed potatoes and corn. Then we shared one scoop of vanilla ice cream -- which really means I got maybe two bites, since they devoured it.
The boys behaved marvelously (Praise the Lord!) and I couldn't help but get a twinge of sadness/regret that we are really just getting to the point where I can do things that other Moms of singletons have long been able to do, just as I'm about to blow the whole thing up with a new baby. I don't see how I will be able to have fun dates with my boys, with a newborn in tow, unless Lester is there too. And as much as I love my husband and family togetherness and all that jazz, it was really nice yesterday to go out and about and spend time with Cary and Dean all by myself. Oh well. I'm sure it will all work out eventually.
Anyway, the IHOP was in a shopping plaza that had a K-Mart in it. I hadn't seen the inside of a K-Mart since....sheesh...I don't even know when. But I thought I might be able to find cheap slippers for them to toddle around the house in, and also Santa hats, on the cheap. So after IHOP, we went to K-Mart!
Talk about "low-end." LOL.
I did find slippers -- cute little dinosaur slippers -- for $6 and I thought I found Santa hats, but when we got home, I realized my children's heads are now toddler-sized, not baby-sized, so I have two Santa hats for Curve Ball for next year. But none for her big brothers this year. Back to the drawing board for them I suppose. And in keeping with my low-end-retail-shopping-spree, I will first try to find them at ...The Dollar Store!
Davis Family Year of Austerity is in full effect!!
P.S. Weirdness of the day: TWO people (one at the concert and one at the K-Mart) thought Cary was a girl. A girl!! Please take a look at this picture of my two crazies (taken at IHOP- holla!) and tell me where on Earth Cary Glenn Davis looks like a girl?! In this picture, maybe he looks like a refugee (seriously, what is going on with his hair? It might be time for a haircut, no?) but certainly not a girl! People are seriously baffling.
2 comments:
The date sounds like it was so much fun. And there will be lots more, sure Curve Ball will require an adjustment. But once you make the adjustment you will have the best of all worlds and because you have a super supportive husband you will be able to have twin dates and girlie dates. See bright side and it is something to look forward to!
Now for Cary’s head… a haircut or a hat needs to be in his immediate future. :-)
I'm not seeing it, but if it bothers you, likely cutting his hair shorter will be a quick fit.
I find it oddly amusing how soon you took them to a concert, to eat and to shop in one trip after trying the grocery store.
I'm a believer in taking leaps of faith, so I say you just grab curveball too when she's here and head out!
And I think it's awesome that hats the wrong size are the LOW point!
Post a Comment