Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Paddy's Day surprise: Matthew is here!


Clair's soon-to-be BFF Matthew was born yesterday, St. Patrick's Day. I told my sister he's her little good luck charm! Awwww.


(Yes, Matthew's sleeper says "Kiss Me, I'm Irish." That's his big brother, Russy. And Tahira will probably kill me for posting this photo of her. Oh well. I think she looks like a little swollen version of my Mom here. So the photo stays.)

Matthew is a total sweetie, with huge hands and feet, despite being 4 weeks early. He has the teeniest little cry, which cracks me up, especially since Clair's wail is piercing and has been since birth.



Looking at him -- all 6 lbs. 8 oz. of preciousness -- I can't get over how big Clair has gotten in just one month. It is really amazing how fast they grow and change.

See for yourself how much less of a newborn -- and more of an infant -- she looks now:



Welcome to the world, Clair's new bestie. Can't wait to hang out with you and watch you grow! Auntie loves you!!

5 comments:

DCAngel said...

Congrats to Tahira! And there's no way she can have a problem with that picture! She looks so cute. And tiny (look at those cheekbones and ankles!!). Right after giving birth. If she wasn't your sister, I'd hate her. I'd hate her something fierce. :)

Candice Baptiste said...

Sorry to say this DCAngel, but if you knew Tahira you would know she will definitely have a problem with that photo. And as a long time friend of Tanika's I will give you permission to hate her, I do. It took me years to get rid of my baby fluff. My babies are 4 and 2 and to be honest I still haul some of it around.

To Tanika: Clair is so cute. She makes me want to hop a fight right now so I can hold her and kiss her and love her. In due time... sigh.

P.S. I'm not sure which boy said bye-bye baby at the end, but his accent was so prominent to me.

Beth said...

Congrats to your sister! And I agree-Clair is precious!

Wiley said...

How good does your sister normally look if you think she'd hae a problem with that picture?!? She looks fantastic!

Wiley said...

And I heart their beads!