Michelle and I have started introducing the potty to the boys. Very slowly and with no pressure or real schedule or consistency -- just introducing it, like, "Hey Cary, hey Dean. Meet Potty. He's gonna hang around here for awhile. Why don't you get familiar?"
So far, they've mostly enjoyed sitting on it, while Michelle or I read to them, and also standing on top of it. We had a little bit of pee in one (Dean's) last week, but other than that, nothing. Which is fine with me, because we're not earnestly potty-training until after the boys' next doctor's appointment, when I can talk to my pediatrician about it and also find out what's the best potty training book to read. (Seriously, how would I parent my children without Amazon.com?)
But today, even without us really trying, Dean pooped in the potty!!! (Picture me doing my pooped-in-the-potty-dance!)
I took a picture of it and sent it to Lester at work, who pronounced the achievement "exciting and gross at the same time," but I will spare you the evidence of Dean's poopage and just show you how enthralled the boys were by it:
| Holy poopage, Batman! That came out of Dean! |
Like I said, we're far from even really starting potty-training in earnest, so I know we have a long way to go before this is a regular occurrence, but am I wrong for already mentally spending the money we'll save in buying diapers once they're really trained!!!? Whoo-hooo, Momma needs a new pair of shoes!
3 comments:
YAY for the glorious extra money once potty trained!!!! We saved money on diapers and on monthly garbage fee (went down to a smaller can).
How is your ambitious 'maternity leave' list going? I heart lists!
Only another parent could truly understand and embrace this blog. It looks like you are on the right track and coming from someone who read the book and followed the advice to the T. My opinion: avoid Amazon.com on this issue and keep doing what you are doing. I found more success with the no pressure approach. Jace potty trained in a few months; Caje nearly a year.
OMG. Such a big boy!! Zachary will sometimes say that he needs to go poo poo on the potty, but he's all talk and no action. After you sent me that article on potty training, however, I've been much less inclined to press the matter.
Post a Comment