She weighs 14 lbs., 12 oz. and is 26.5 inches tall (long)!
Dr. Bodnar declared her excellent in every way. And he said we can start trying a little rice cereal around 5 months, if we want. He wasn't at all concerned that she eats less than most babies her age (only about 22-24 ounces a day, as opposed to 28), but he did say if we started cereal to be sure not to let her fill up on it, so that she gets most of her nutrients from her bottles. So, I think we'll start in a couple weeks to see if her bottle-consumption picks up any before then.
She also got her shots, and she only cried a little bit, and even then, only after the 2nd needle stick. The first one, she barely registered.
I think my kids must be pretty hardy, because yesterday I also took the boys to get their second lead test (in Baltimore city, kids are required to get one lead test, but the school we're sending them to in the fall requires a second) and neither one of them cried either. I was sure there would be tears, because they have to draw blood from the inner arm, which always makes me cringe. But they were very stoic, and mostly just wanted to know when they were going to get their Band-aid.
In fact, after Cary came from getting his blood drawn, he went straight to the waiting room and said to Dean, "Look Deanie. I have a Band-aid!" And then Dean, who had at one point been gearing up to protest going back with the phlebotomist, quickly changed his tune. "Mommy!" he said, urgently. "I want a Band-aid, too!!"
So we went back and got one. No fuss, no tears. It was great.
| See my Band-aid, Mommy? Mommy, I have a Band-aid. Mommy, I have a green Band-aid. The doctor gave me a Band-aid. Mommy? Mommy? Mommy!!! |
Afterward, I took them to the park, to reward them for being such brave boys. This was a particularly good visit to the park, because I actually got them to SMILE. Faithful readers will know what a feat this is with my two boys. The concept of smiling while actually doing something fun? Totally foreign to them.
| Cary refused to show off his Band-aid for the camera. But I managed to sneak a picture while he was getting "milch" out of his shoe. |
| Clair's Band-aid is hidden behind her polka-dot pants. |
| My brood nearly takes up the entire swing set. Good grief. |
When we got home from the park, Lester had finished dinner and had it ready for the boys. He even put some aside for their lunch the next day, so I wouldn't have to do that after Clair went to sleep. What an awesome Dad!
Oh, and I got asked to be on the board of an organization I really admire: The Baltimore Urban Debate League. I'm quite flattered and excited to help them with their important work.
So, yay! All in all, a very, very good day. Now, we wait for the results of the lead test. (I hate waiting.)
1 comment:
Oh My Goodness! Your boys are getting so big and grown up looking! I like their new haircuts - such handsome fellas. And Clair is adorable (with or without barettes :)
Post a Comment