So I created a Synapse Checklist, which is really just a list of fun things I want to do with them.
The boys hit the 2-and-a-half mark yesterday, so here's where we are on the checklist:
Go to the beach.Build sand castles.Watch the tide come in and out.
Pick some fruit at a real fruit orchard. Bring it home and help Mommy make something out of it.- Fly a kite.
- Ride public transportation.
Have a picnic.- Dig for earthworms after a good rain.
- Go to the State Fair.
Ride some kiddie rides. Eat funnel cake. - Sleep in a sleeping bag.
Go to the zoo. (We've done this a bunch, but I think they're old enough to really get it now.)Play with Play-Doh.Finger-paint.(Ditto.) Does it count that they've done this at school? Yes, I think it does!- See a real rainbow in the sky.
Go on a hayride. Help Mommy or Daddy carve a pumpkin. On second thought, I think this knife-wielding activity is a "next year" task.See a parade, complete with floats and marching bands.- Ride on some kind of boat.
Participate in at least one, maybe twoorganized activities(music class, soccer, swim lessons,etc.) Music class is humming along!
We didn't go to the State Fair this year, but we did go to a bunch of festivals. We had apple fritters at the apple pick, which tasted a lot like apple-flavored funnel cake, but no actual funnel cake.
We have time still for riding on public transportation (Lester thinks the trolley at the beach counts, and I'm willing to concede that point if I get too lazy to actually take my sweeties somewhere on the city bus between now and May).
And if push comes to shove, I can pull out a sleeping bag and let them sleep in it any ole time, even if it's on the night of May 10th.
But now that the weather is cold, I don't think we'll get to the kites, earthworms, rainbows or boating situations anytime soon. So that means we will have to be on it in the spring! On. It!
Looking at this update, I'd say so far, so good! Countdown to May 11, 2013 begins....now!
P.S. Just for some perspective about how far these two boys have come, take a look at this picture, taken when they were both just a little over two weeks old! Look how scrawny!
| Dean on left; Cary on right |
2 comments:
Of course you are sick. Clair was sick last post and you got no sleep. Put the two together and you have the necessary components to come down with her ailment - Exposure and lowered resistance. I hope that you are feeling better soon. Three little ones require all your faculties.
There is a wonderful reason to come visit me! I can help with your Synapse List. We have a boat and Jemal would be more than happy to take you guys out on it. And since our house flooded in Isaac sleeping bags would be a must at Hotel Baptiste.
So when can I expect you guys?
Post a Comment