Friday, February 22, 2013

Clair's 1st Birthday Not-a-Party Photo Overload

Clair turned 1 on the 16th and to mark the occasion, we had a fabulous not-a-party at my Mom's house!

I could go into details about Clair preferring pizza crust over chocolate frosting and Dean being a bear the entire day and how we ordered colossal Costco pizza pies for TEN BUCKS! each and how the cousins could not stop harassing the birthday girl.

But you've been to not-a-parties before. You've probably had 'em yourself -- or something similar.

So instead, I'll just post here -- for Clair's benefit -- photographic evidence that her family celebrated the anniversary of the day she came into this world, and changed all our lives forever.

The scenery.

The birthday girl!

She kept trying to put this flower in her hair.



 Look at Matty's ridiculous cuteness.
Clair and Matty, conspiring cousins.
Alahna would not leave her alone.
And sometimes Aminah joined in the harrassment.
Not so sure about this center of attention business.
Alahna loves her baby cousin.

I told you I was making a Duncan Hines cake. You didn't believe me.
"Happy birthday to youuuuu! Yayyyy!"
They kissed her so much, her face got smushed. Poor Clair. So loved.
Here we are with our little girl. Awwww. Happiness.
Yay! It's my birthday! Now where's my pizza crust?
Nana and Auntie Tahira gave Clair books for her birthday. Cary was in heaven. Books!
This was pretty much Dean's mood most of the day.
What? You mean I'm not supposed to act the fool on my sister's 1st birthday? I didn't get that memo.
Reading one of her new books with Daddy.
Opening presents (and preparing to consume the paper.)
Thanks everyone for coming to my not-a-party! Drive safe now!


2 comments:

DCAngel said...

Wow, you really know how to throw a not-a-party! I'd love to see what it looks like when you throw an actual party!

Clair looks gorgeous in that dress! When she outgrows it, I know another beautiful little girl who it would look good on... eh hem, eh hem.

Tam said...

love the pics!