We took the kids to the doctor this week for follow-ups from all the sickness and for Clair's 1-year-checkup.
(Sidenote: We will not be doing the three-kids-at-one-appt. thing ever, ever again).
Here's the update:
Cary's ears are healed and perfect. Hooray!
Dean is fine and bossy as ever, telling the doctor -- who was using the stethoscope on Clair -- "No, Dr. Bodnar! That's not how you do it!"
And Clair is also perfect, developing normally and is a happy, healthy, wonderful baby. (I might have added the "wonderful" part.) She weighs 20 lbs., and is 29 inches long. This puts her in the 30th percentile, which my doctor called "average."
I just did a quick check and at their 1-year-checkup, Cary weighed 19 lbs. and Dean weighed 23, so she is right there in between them, which is fitting, because Clair is very much a mix of both her brothers, I think. (FYI, in case you were wondering, now C &D are 28 and 32 lbs., respectively.)
Why are we so concerned about children's weight? I honestly have no idea. But there it is -- more than you ever wanted to know about how much my kids weigh.
Anyway, let's see, what else?
Clair is walking around everywhere now, like she thinks she's a bonafide toddler.
Potty training suuuuuuccccccckkkkks. But I guess it's plodding along, and the boys are doing the best they know how to do. There are whole days when it works pretty much like clockwork, and then days when there are tears of frustration flowing -- from them and from me.
Lester's going to be doing some work on the house in D.C. the next two weekends, so I am going to be solo parenting (bleh). Keep me in your prayers.
And, otherwise, we're all good in the Davis house. Lots of Curious George-reading, Bristle-blocks-building, toddling (but no teething) and talk-talk-talking. Couldn't ask for much more. :-)
1 comment:
Yay, I love updates! And I'm totally spastic about weights. I want to know! Tell me more! What does Lester weigh?
Sorry about the potty training fiasco. At least you're getting somewhere. I don't want to push, but we're going on 3 years now, and I've just about had enough of the Man Poop.
Post a Comment