Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Snow" Day

The weather forecasters scared the living daylights out of everyone in the DMV this week about a storm that was supposed to hit yesterday, "burying" us under 6-10 inches of wet, heavy snow.

When I woke up in the morning yesterday, schools were closed, the federal government was closed, people were canceling meetings and my boys got so excited they ran and did this:

That's their snowboots on, over their footie pajamas. As they sit on my bed, watching "Yo Gabba Gabba!" With their snowboots on.
"Maybe later, when MiMi comes," I told them, because, despite the boys' earnest preparation, the Snowmergency hadn't started yet. There was nothing but a light dusting on the lawn and on the cars, and a lot of rain.

The meteorologists were still predicting a veritable blizzard, but I decided to go in to the office to get some work done that really required me to be at my desk, and not reclining with my bootleg laptop, in my PJs.

And all day long -- alllllll day long -- this is what it looked like outside my office door:

That's our minivan! And the skyline shot is one that is VERY Baltimore.
 See all that snow?!?!?!

No?

That's because there WASN'T ANY. Not even a flake. All day.

Poor kids.

The good news is, I anticipated that the weatherpeople were full of it and that the boys' exciting, fun-filled "snow day" would end up being a "no day," so I went to the store yesterday morning and bought Pillsbury Slice 'n Bake chocolate chip cookies for Michelle to make for them.

Because all good snow days need warm chocolate chip cookies. Even when there's not actually any snow.

1 comment:

DCAngel said...

Oh, so sorry for your little guys. I was one of those who predicted that the Snowquester would be a Sno-Show (har har), but luckily, we got about 5 inches and a proper snow day.

That was brilliant to have cookies at the ready! What a good mom you are.