Don't you wish you could remember ALL the funny/poignant/heartwarming things that kids say and do? I know I do. So I'm trying to do a better job of getting some of the more memorable things down on the blog. To be honest, I forget 85-percent of the things I want to remember. But maybe if I do this periodically, I'll be more inclined to hold on to the moments after they happen.
Here's just a few:
Cary to me: Mommy, are you a wife?
Me: Yes, I am Daddy's wife.
Cary pauses to think ....
Cary: I'm Dean's wife.
(This is funny to us, because it's actually the other way around. Dean is totally the boss of their relationship. LOL.)
**
In the process of throwing their old Sesame Street toothbrushes away, Dean makes up this whole conversation between the toothbrushes, using two distinct voices:
Dean: If you throw them in the trash, they're going to be scared. And Elmo's going to say (with a high voice), "Nooo, noooo, I don't want to be in the trash. Get me out! Get me out!" And then Cookie Monster will say (in a loud, gruff voice), "GET OUT OF THE TRASH! I DON'T WANT TO EAT TRASH. I WANT TO EAT A COOKIE!"
Dean is frequently making up dialogue between people or things. He is so dramatic, making faces and adopting voices and throwing himself onto the sofa. He cracks me up.
**
And this is not about the kids, but I gotta get down this Mack-daddy line my husband dropped on me last night, as a part of his 40 for 40 gifts.
He came in the house with Thai food (all shrimp dishes, b/c I do love the skrimps) and a bottle of wine. He also handed me a note with this line
in it: "More than a fine wine, you are the best complement to an
appetizing meal."
Hubba hubba! Lester still got game! :-)
1 comment:
Obviously Lester has game. You don't have 3 children without some good game. I thought you figured that out after you got pregnant with twins ;)And I may get my feminist card revoked because when Cary said he was Dean's wife, I immediately thought that was because Dean was more dominant in the relationship (oh patriarchy why must you be so deeply embedded in my thoughts?) :'(
Post a Comment