Blogging suffers. (Also, Facebooking suffers, but I can do that at home when I'm supposed to be paying attention to my children.)
Anyway, I have had a lot of stuff on my plate at work, especially since I was off two days last week for the Fourth, and we're off all of next week for our family trip to the beach. (More on that later.)
So I have not had time to blog and I honestly feel guilty about that, because I want to make sure I'm getting down the things I think, feel and observe about my children's lives when I think, fell and observe them. I know too well that time makes memories misty and water-colored (thanks Barbra!) and I don't trust myself to get it right after too much time has passed.
But I gotta work. And I realized I was getting way too distracted by blogging and Facebooking and other important things -- list-making, etc. So I had to make a change. I intend to make this a real change, not just a temporary one, so until I find a way to work blogging in more regularly while still being more focused on work, I'm afraid this blog will be updated much less.
Meanwhile, we had a GREAT time over the 4-day weekend. We went to a friend-of-a-friend's pool twice, went to my Mom's house, rode the water taxi to Fort McHenry (hello, synapse checklist!), saw fireworks (Cary liked, Dean did not, Clair said "Pop!" each time they went off), enjoyed a strawberry pancake breakfast as a family, and just had a darn good time of togetherness and love and fun.
Can't wait for more of that during our WEEK (yikes!) at the beach! (More on that later.)
Before I get to the pictures from our fun holiday of togetherness, I have to inject here that Cary has an ear infection, of course, now that we are on our way to the beach. The good news is, this should not affect his surgery in any way. So yay! Hopefully, by 9 a.m. on the 22nd, Cary Glenn Davis will be able to hear normally. I'll keep you updated on that.
Also, I started getting sick on Sunday night (thanks to Stacey, who had been hacking behind me at work for a week) so on Monday I went and bought all the echinacea/zinc/vitamin C crap I could find and started pumping myself with it. (I am usually a skeptic about that kind of stuff, but I was willing to try anything to avoid being sick on vacation.) I would like to report that I am at 98-percent today -- just three days later. HOORAY!
I will definitely have to try that regimen again before I will be a true believer, but I can say that I WILL try it again. That's a good sign.
Now...photos!!
| How cute are they all patriotic and whatnot? |
| Call me a cornball, but I love "themed" kids. |
| Here we are on the WATER TAXI! Technically, since the boys are still 3, this counts toward their synapse checklist. I've decided to extend it through their third year. Aren't I clever? |
| We took the boat to Fort McHenry, where we heard a cannon shot (scared the daylights out of the boys), and met these soldiers. It was 10,000 degrees on July 4. Their uniforms are wool. God help them. |
| I attempted to make an American Flag cake. It tasted better than it looks. Cary said, "American flag cake? That is so silly!" |
| And on Sunday morning, Lester made pancakes, with fresh strawberries on top. YUMMM. P.S. Clair can now feed herself with a spoon. |
![]() |
| This girl did NOT want to get out of the water. She is totally my water baby. |
![]() |
| See? Look how much fun we're having! |
| Meanwhile, these two scaredy-cats would only stay on this raft, which they called a "boat" and allow women (and Lester) to float them around while they hollered out commands. Typical. |
About the beach: We leave on Saturday and I have done NOTHING to prepare. Not one thing. No packing. No shopping. No obsessive list-making. No weather-checking. Nothing.
See what happens when you're focused on work? Everything else takes a backseat.
One of these days, I'll get this work-life balance thing right. Until then, see ya when I see ya! I got work to do!
Xoxoxox.



3 comments:
I know what you mean. It's either work or blogging. Sometimes, like today, it's mostly neither. Crap. But somehow, you posting less has made me feel less guilty about me posting less. Isn't that lovely?
I love these pictures! I love that you took 3 kiddies to the pool! A crowded pool no less! As always, you're my hero.
I wish you much luck and fun at the beach.
On an almost completely different note - remember the coworker I told you about who was trying to get preggo? She told me today - pregnant! I put on my Foresee-O-Future cap and I'm thinking twins. In fact, I'm fairly certain. Lordy.
Nope, not acceptable to blog less. YOUR FANS REQUIRE POSTS!
You can make them short and sweet!!
You are singing my song, sista! I've never really blogged a lot at work, but my home routine has just changed and blogging just isn't something I'm making time for anymore. But I agree with Laura--don't stop! Take it from me--it's HARD to get back into it. I'll try if you try!
Post a Comment