Here's some of the things we did.
Took the kids to the Wharf Rat, a Baltimore bar, Friday after work. Beer tasting. Greasy food. No dishes. Winning.
| They kept harassing the bartender, who was ridiculously patient with them. |
| Clair? What are you doing here, darling? |
Took the kids' cousins Russy, Matty and Kwahli (my sister Kadija's youngest) duckpin bowling. Madness and hilarity ensued.
| Almost all of Clair's balls had to be helped along by the alley attendant, or retrieved with a stick, because she rolled them so slowly. |
| I hate that this picture is blurry, because they were so excited to have knocked down four pins. LOL. |
| Here's Tahira retrieving Matty, who was running down someone else's lane. Hahaha! |
Tried to do a nighttime Easter egg hunt later that evening at Druid Hill Park, but there were 10 million people, and it was a crazy, ghetto, unorganized mess, so we didn't get to find any eggs. But the kids barely cared because they had flashlights, lots of hills to roll down, and a Baltimore Hon on stilts!
| Dean: "Is she real?" Then she moved. Dean: "She's REAL!" |
We put the kids to bed around 9:30 and then sat up like adults, listening to Maxwell, Sade, Erykah Badu and Mos Def, talking into the wee hours and drinking a deeeeelicious cocktail my sister made with muddled blackberries, ginger, lemon, mint and gin. Yummmy!
Sunday, somehow, we peeled ourselves out of bed and took the whole lot to church. THAT was an adventure! But so worth it. You know I like going to church; but I really, really enjoy it right around Easter. So much positive, redemptive energy. So much encouragement to get better, help others, love and be loved.
The rest of the day, we spent preparing for the work week, cooking and cleaning up after the kids (which was useless and I don't know why I kept trying), refereeing fights and "he's not sharing!" fests, and letting the kids play outside with our next-door neighbors.
Tahira left with her family and Kwahil around 8 p.m. Sunday. We didn't even bother to bathe the kids (despite more hill-rolling) and just threw their PJs on and tossed them in bed.
When I left the house this morning at 8:15, they were all still asleep! I love it when we run those kids ragged like that. Can't think of a better way to start their spring break than exhausted and full of family-love.
Yay for SPRING!
1 comment:
I find it hilarious that the weather turns nice and the first place you take the kids to is a bar (and that you admit it on this blog)! LOL!!
Post a Comment