Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Big Boys during the day, but not quite at night

For many months now, we've been promoting the idea of "big-boy-underwear-at-night."  We've talked it up with the boys, made it sound like a real prize.

When you turn 4, we told them, you get to wear big-boy-underwear at night! Isn't that COOL?!

Cary and Dean totally bit. They were so excited about this milestone! And on Monday, the day after their birthday, we did it! No Pull-Ups!

I was nervous as can be that I'd get awakened in the middle of the night to change someone's sheets and pajamas, but somehow both boys made it all the way through the night without wetting the bed!

Whooo-hoooo, right?

Not so fast. Last night, both of them decided they wanted to go back to Pull-Ups. I have no clue as to why. Maybe big-boy-underwear is too much pressure?

Anyway, we didn't fight them on it, and we're not really stressing about it either. I know that nighttime dryness for (many) boys is a long, hard road. So we'll take baby steps with this one. We'll offer the underwear at night and if they go for it, great. If not, then that's just one additional night I won't have to worry about being awakened in the middle of the night to change sheets and pajamas.

#winning

#zenmamalooksgoodonme


No comments: