Friday, May 2, 2014

Chopped!

You know how I've been going back and forth about whether I should cut my hair?

And how it's a bigger deal than it probably should be, because I have had long(ish) hair since forever. Seriously. I've had the same hairstyle since college, basically. I cut it once - and died it light brown, too, with blondish highlights. Boy, was that a drastic change! -- and only once. That was in 1995 or 1996.

So I really was on the fence. But I was so sick of my boring ole hair. And I was really sick of seeing my forehead. And the thinning was really bothering me. The longer it got, the thinner it seemed.

So I started looking at celebrity haircuts, to see what shorter cuts I liked. Over the last few weeks, I've pored over hundreds of pictures. It was overwhelming. But I narrowed it down to two.


Of course, my hair isn't the texture of either one of these lovely women's. The strands of my hair are finer and frizzier and, in general, there's just less of it.

But I decided to give it a shot. What could be the worst thing that could happen? And no matter what, my hair would grow, right?

So last night after work - for the first time in 18 or 19 years, I cut my hair. Chopped off about 5 inches -- and got me some bangs! Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Not exactly Kerry Washington, but who is?
It didn't turn out to be quite the hair of those lucky celebrities with thick, gorgeous tresses -- whose names I don't know.  But it's not bad, either.

I like it fine so far, but I think I'll like it better in a day or two. Lester likes it OK, I think. But it'll take some getting used to.

The best thing: Clair said to me TWICE this morning, "Mommy, you looka pretty!"

My boys didn't even notice. LOL.

Moral of this whole story? I'm so happy God gave me a daughter.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love it! Super stylish! You look fab no matter what. :-)