Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Rain rain, don't go away!

Yesterday, it rained like rain was going out of style.

From 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., it poured - hard and relentlessly. I got soaked going back and forth from my car to meetings, and other, less fortunate, people had their cars swept away in flash flooding. It was crazy. In total, some six inches of rain fell on Baltimore yesterday.

My children were aching to get out in it. We recently bought them rain boots and raincoats, because the boys' new school stressed to us that there are very few days that they don't take the kids outside to play; a little rain, they said, was not a reason to stay inside. (A philosophy we love, by the way.)

So when the skies opened up yesterday, C, D and C just knew this was their chance to splash in puddles with abandon!

When I got home at 5:30, they immediately started pulling on their boots and jackets. They banged through the screen door and stood on the porch steps, looking at...


Sunshine.

Not a drop of rain anywhere. Seriously, it was like someone just turned off a heavenly faucet one minute after I came in the house.

Poor little vinyl-coated cuties!

In other WTF news, the school sent us some correspondence which lists Cary and Dean this way:

Davis, Cary - '28
Davis, Dean - '28

CLASS OF 2028?!?! Whaaaaaaaat?!

That just completely blew my mind. I need a moment.

1 comment:

Fabulous Mari said...

I understand the rain conundrum. I was grateful that it stopped just in time for my flooded parking lot to recede and for me to get home safely. On another note, that school note is HORRIFYING! How dare they blast those grown up digits? Let our babies be babies for just a few more years, pretty please? I almost teared up at Target today buying glue sticks for Antony's upcoming school year. How am I supposed to make it through the school year?! :'(