Tuesday, April 12, 2011

11-months!

The babies turned 11 months yesterday. Seriously, where did the time go?

Last night, I was looking at a video of them when they were little, little babies, sitting in their little green chairs, twitching and struggling to hold their heads up. I called their names -- they didn't respond. There was drool on their little bibs. They were both fairly bald.

Today, Dean has figured out how to flip himself out of those little green chairs. They can hold their heads up, and pull themselves up on any fairly stable object (and some not-so-stable). They totally know their names (although they still don't always respond). They're not drooling hardly ever anymore, nor do they have the TEETH everyone told me was the reason why they were drooling so much back then. And they both have lots of hair, about which I'm writing.

Hair: What to do with it as we approach 1-year.

Cary has a neat mess of curls (you like that oxymoron, don't you?) on the top middle of his head. Dean has a head full of tight curls that fuzz out on the ends. I love my sweetie's hair, but in pictures, it always looks a fuzzy mess! I want to cut it for the Happy First Birthday pictures we're having taken on their birthday, because pictures last a lifetime people.
But Lester doesn't think we need to. And the thought of him sitting in a barber chair is mind-boggling. He's just a baby!!!!! How do people have 1-year-old children who are mature enough to sit through a haircut? I can't imagine it.

So I think maybe we'll wait on this one.

And honestly, his hair isn't really all that long, and it is manageable with hair products and a lot of brushing.

Which, is sorta funny because when I was pregnant and found out I was having two boys, I remember thinking, "Great! I won't have to do anyone's hair!"

Famous last words.

Here's the video of babies in little green chairs (please ignore my horrible attempts to sing...thanks). The computer says this was taken in October, which would make them 5 months old. I think they were actually a little younger, like 4 months, probably. But who am I to argue with the computer? Anyway, here they are, all floppy and twitchy and ADORABLE!!:

2 comments:

Beth said...

I can't see the videos at work and forgot to check at home last night! (I'm sure they're precious!) But I wanted to say that when it comes to the haircut, I look back on so many pictures and wish I had had the boys' haircut beforehand. The fuzz is super cute, but IMO, they're ADORABLE with big boy haircuts. And a lot of places will have the little ones sit on their parents' laps while they get their trims. That's how we did ours. Although, William didn't actually need a haircut until he was over 2! Anyway, ultimately, you and Lester need to agree, but I'm a big fan of the trim!

Tanika Davis said...

Ergh!! Now you're making me re-think! I would so love it if his hair was all cute and not-crazy for his birthday pics!
I'm going to poll my sisters, both of whom have boys, and see what they think. Stay tuned for a report.