Today, I give thanks for the awesome love of Jesus Christ, for on this day He rose from the dead just for me (well, and all of humanity.) :-)
As a parent now, I really do get how great a love can be for a child, even that it might cause you to say you'd die for that child if you had to. But to die for children you've never even met? Children not even conceived? That's a love I will never be able to fully understand. But I am grateful, extremely grateful for it, and humbled because of it. I hope I can always live my life in a way that honors a love that great -- and that teaches our boys to honor it, too.


Today, we're having Easter dinner as a family at the hospital cafeteria, my parents, siblings, nieces, nephews, Lester, the kids and me. It won't be the best Easter cuisine we ever had, and Rashad, two floors up, won't be able to enjoy it with us. But at least our entire family will be together at Washington Hospital Center, celebrating this day of new life, resurrection and promise -- three words that speak to Rashad and his life more than any other words I can think of.

1 comment:
Your boys are so handsome! Happy Easter!
Post a Comment