But the boys only enjoyed staring out the window at the deluge for so long, and then we were all going crazy, so I braved the storms and took them to Storyville to run around and be entranced by all the newness and other kids.
It worked like a charm! See for yourself!
Magnets to pull off, chew, and put back on endlessly!
Pretend grocery store to "shop" in, sample the foods, and call everything longish "a-nana," including this corn you see here:
Tables to "set," and telephones to "answer." Cary says, "uh-no?!" which means, "Hello?!"
New friends to make! This young man is 18-months-old and I was amazed at how much older he seemed than my two. I guess three months at this age is a lot.
"Babies" to kiss!!
Canoes to rock in! When we got home, I'd sing "Rock the boat!" a little tune I made up while they were rocking in the little canoe, and Cary and Dean would both start rocking their bodies back and forth. So cute!
Big, plush chairs to sit in (supposedly for reading all the wonderful books they have there) or push your little brother in. Whichever.
Household cleaning items to employ! (That's right, Cary. Bone up, buddy.)
And lots of lots of places to climb, which was by far, Dean's favorite thing.

Now, if only he'd learn how to get down. :-)
2 comments:
Adorable pictures! Love it!
Your commentary with these pictures is the BEST. They look like they had a blast. I'd never even heard of storyville! I bet Seth would love it. I bet your boys would also love the Building Museum in downtown DC. If you ever decide to go, shoot me an email. Maybe we can meet you there!
Post a Comment