Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter weekend recap

What a glorious weekend!


Friday, Lester and I went on a date! It was a lunch date and Clair was with us, but it was a date nonetheless, so I can cross that off my list of things to accomplish before maternity leave wraps up. (Hopefully, we can cross that one off a few more times before maternity leave wraps up.)

We just went into D.C., visited his aunt for her birthday, visited my sister and baby Matthew at home and then went and had a leisurely lunch, complete with a brownie sundae for dessert. Yummm. It was really nice. And to top it off, I wore a bad ass pair of RED jeans that I bought the day before, just to show Lester I still got it! Me...mom of three. In red skinny(ish) jeans. Out, eating at a restaurant like a grown-up. Hells yes, y'all.

Did I take a photo of this awesomeness? No, I totally forgot. But I will likely wear these jeans every time I go anywhere, so I'll document them another time.

Saturday, we lounged at the house a bit, and did the normal weekend-housework. I took Cary and Dean with me to the grocery store and there were absolutely NO problems. In fact, it was actually a lot of fun. I am so glad they're old enough now to take to the store. Now I see what Angel and Elizabeth like so much about it!

Then Sunday was Resurrection Day (AKA Easter) and you all know how much I love this day for all that it stands for. This day is so important to me, because it represents just how much God loves me and all the world. It says so much to me about faith, grace, forgiveness and love. I feel enormously grateful to be a child of God, but ever more so on Easter.

It is also a day of family and fun! This year was especially fun because Cary and Dean were old enough to participate in some of the festivities, like the Easter Egg Hunt. This was a favorite thing for me when I was a child, running around with my own cousins at my own Nana's house in Boston. So I cannot be happier that my children are getting to enjoy Easter egg fun, too. These are the kind of things I always dreamed of when I imagined having children. And God has seen to it that my dreams have come true.







Cousins!!

Clair missed most of the festivities, because she was napping. But Lester made sure she had a good time!





2 comments:

Janna said...

Your boys are so handsome! And I love the cousin picture - makes me really wish my sister and her baby lived closer...

Candice Baptiste said...

I love the pictures. Sadly I wasn't able to capture our acutal egg hunt with my camera, because I had to be an active participant. Maybe next year.