Isn't that sweet?! :-)
So...writing down the things I want the boys to see and do before they turn 3 has me in the list-making mood.
So I've decided to write down the things I want to accomplish while I'm on maternity leave. Writing things down (and putting them out in the blogosphere) ups the ante and makes me more accountable. So, even though a lot of what I want to accomplish is mundane, I'm still gonna write it down.
Here goes:
- Finish sending out thank-you cards to friends
- Organize and clean out my basement
- Swap out winter and spring/summer clothes
- Figure out what to do with maternity clothes (consignment? Freecycle? Give to a friend?)
- Frame (and/or re-frame) photos; hang them in the house
- Find an aesthetically-pleasing (or if not, then cheap and easy) way to organize the boys' books in the living room play area
- Take my bedroom comforter to the Laundromat to wash
- Take my Christmas tablecloth to the dry cleaners (yes, I still have not done that and it's April. And what?)
- Take some things back to Macy's/Target
- Get a pedicure
- Get my eyebrows done
- Go to the Dominicans and get my hair done (This item and the previous two are all part of Operation Bring the Sexy Back. New spring/summer clothes are also a part of that mission, but only after this baby belly has gone the way of the wooly mammoth.)
- Go visit friends with Clair, or the boys, or all 3 (Kelly, in particular)
- Go visit friends all alone! Preferably where a meal and cocktails are present (Angel, Kelly, Beth, Stacey)
- Go visit Granddad
- Have lunch with Lester during the work week
- Go out with Lester on a real grown-up date
- Take my Dad out for lunch again, this time with Tahira since she missed it last time
- Get Clair on a predictable eating and sleeping schedule
- Get Clair sleeping in her own bed
- Wean the boys from their nighttime bottle
- Get on the pill
- Get on the pill!
- Get ON THE PILL!
- Make an appointment with my primary care doctor to get my sugars tested
- Plan and have the boys' 2nd birthday party
I also still want to do fun things with the boys while I'm off, so I'll have to squeeze all this in around that. Honestly, that's most important since I don't know if I'll ever have this kind of time off again while they're young.
So now it's out there, my To-Do list for maternity leave (which ends officially May 16, meaning it's halfway over. Ack!)
You all hold me accountable, OK? As I said, I may never have this kind of time again.
2 comments:
I am adding myself to your list. Get to visit my friend so that I can see her children and she can see mine in person. Cause pictures and videos can only do so much.
Let me solve the book problem for you. Baskets. No use is making kids' books try to look pretty... it is a never ending task! Put them in a basket!
Post a Comment