Dr. Bodnar declared her "perfect," which we already knew. She's 12 lbs. 2 oz. (right where she should be) and 23 and a quarter inches tall (long?) She's eating well, sleeping not too shabbily and cooing, smiling, talking and dare I say, laughing? In other words, she's awesome.
Speaking of Clair laughing, do any of you remember a 3-D ultrasound photo of her that the tech said looked like she was laughing? Well, I took a very blurry iPhone photo of her recently in her swing (while it was swinging, making it extra blurry) and it reminded me so much of that U/S pic, that I had to find it again. And sure enough, I really do believe now that my daughter was laughing in utero!
See for yourself:
| Clair at 28 weeks, apparently the only one in on the joke. |
Bizarre, huh? And also kinda cool! My daughter is just a happy baby!! Do you know how happy that makes me?
Anyway, back to the update: I don't think I've mentioned her sleeping habits lately (mostly because I have learned that as soon as you declare something to be so on the blog, your kids decide to make it absolutely NOT so). But ...(I know I'm going to regret this) ...Clair has been doing a lot better with the sleeping thing. About a week ago, she started drinking her last bottle at around 8-ish, usually conks out around 9 or 9:30 and hadn't been waking up to eat again until 3 or so. Two nights ago, I forced myself to risk this lovely sleeping she was doing and put her in her own crib, in her own room, once she fell asleep. And lo and behold, for two nights, she has slept in her own crib, in her own room. And hasn't gotten up to eat another bottle until 4:30 or 4:45!!
I thought she was going to sleep worse in her own crib, in her own room. Turns out, she sleeps better!
Hallllllllleeeeeeeluuuuuiah.
(Of course, she got shots today at the doctor, so watch her be up all night long fussing. Sigh.)
Either way, that's one thing on the maternity leave checklist to cross off. I said I would start trying to get her in her own bed, and I am doing it! Let's pray I can keep it up.
I also went today and got blood drawn so my doctor can look at my blood sugars. So I can cross that off the checklist, too. Now I just have to wait for the results. I'm not optimistic; I've been eating terribly since having Clair (I say as I shove the remnant of a Panera pumpkin muffie in my mouth). But I plan to get back on the wagon when I have to go back to work. I seem to have more discipline when I'm in my office, for some reason.
Speaking of Panera, here's my chunky monkey all tuckered out, as I scarf some post-bloodwork lunch:
| Clair! Clair! Hello...I was talking to you! RUDE! |
In other checklist-related news, I finished my basement project (!!!) and earned my husband's high praise. I also earned myself an achy back, neck, shoulders and knees. Methinks a hot bath is in order tonight, so please pray my child sleeps tonight. I really need to sit and soak and read my bookclub book.
(Also, shout-outs for Craig's List and Freecycle. After my basement clean out project, I posted all our cloth diapers and accessories on Craig's List, and posted a bunch of other stuff on Freecycle. Someone drove from DELAWARE last night to pick up the diapers (three hours after I posted them, they were gone and I was $200 richer!) and two people are picking up the rest of my trash...er...unneeded items tonight. Hooray!!!)
2 comments:
So cute!!! That U/S picture is amazing. I'm uber-impressed with your maternity leave accomplishments. And so psyched that Clair might possibly have made the transition to the crib!!
I can't decided which picture I like best the ultrasound or the blury iphone photo, both are priceless!
Post a Comment