First off, we let the boys watch TV this morning, and they thought this was the BEST THING EVER! Yo Gabba Gabba singing about birthdays and sharing made them giddy! I probably could've stopped at this as their birthday present and they would've been happy.
But there was more...
We came downstairs and found out that Cookie Monster and Elmo came to see them for their birthday!!
Party with Cary and Dean!! Whoo-hooo!
The boys were so excited about their balloons and party hats and presents, they almost didn't want to go down to the playroom to see their big present! But we convinced them to go. And boy were they glad they did!
After playing with their new kitchen and pretend food, Dean and Cary NOW didn't want to go back upstairs to see their balloons and presents and party hats. But we convinced them to go. And boy were they glad they did!
| New pails and shovels! |
| Presents to open! |
| NEW BOOKS!! |
| Birthday beads and birthday blowers! Books, pails and shovels, oh my! |
Then we read and played, and headed outside, where Michelle gave them their new lawnmowers!! They LOVED these!
| Picture them running around going, "brrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm. brrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm!" |
| Michelle also bought them these! Awww! |
After lunch and naps, we're going to the playground for outdoor birthday fun, and when Lester gets home from work, after dinner, we'll have ice cream, in their very own bowls, and let them blow out candles.
I'll post pictures of all that later. But suffice it to say, it's 10 a.m. and we are already having a 2nd birthday blast! Hooray!!
4 comments:
Wait, I thought we were both going to have lame birthday parties. Now you've done it! Grrr.
Listen, can I help it if Elmo and Cookie Monster want to come celebrate my boys' 2nd birthday? :-)
Also, Michelle's gift of birthday lawnmowers is a HIT. I think they like those best of all. Wait until they find out my Mom bought them a toy weed whacker. Good Lord!
Happy birthday Dean! Happy birthday Cary! I am so glad you started blogging so I could get to know your two little guys. Scarce lately on commenting but I'm reading every day!
Sometimes the best things come unplanned...
Post a Comment