Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Last days of maternity leave recap

Clair had a better night last night (only woke up once to eat) and so I am not as catatonic as I was yesterday.

Whew, thank the LORD!

But I'm still sorta getting into the swing of things at work, so I don't have time to really, really post like I'd like. I really wanted to post my checklist (which looks pretty good, actually!)  Instead, I'll post a couple photos from our zoo trip on Friday, which is what we did to commemorate my last (week)day of maternity leave!


Dean looking at the zebras!
Cary looking at the hippos! (Despite the photographic evidence to the contrary, the boys were not dressed alike. The two shirts were different colors and very different on the front!)
The whole family. As you well know by now, my children do not smile for pictures. But trust me: They LOVED the zoo!



And I'll also post a photo of me in my badass red jeans, which I wore Sunday night to go see NEW EDITION with my friends!!!!!! (Seriously, people, I am a New Edition NUT! I have all the albums, even the single of their very first song ever, which came out on vinyl -- hellloooo! -- before the actual album came out in 1983. Yes, I have that. And their Greatest Hits albums. And their Christmas album. And their sucky "Under the Blue Moon" album. I have them all. Know all the songs. Would follow them around like a Dead Head if they performed more often. I am sick. My kids are gonna hate me for forcing them to hear New Edition songs all throughout their childhood!)

True "Candy Girls" for LIFE!
 And, I will say that the boys were SO excited to see Michelle when she came in yesterday morning. Cary, surprisingly, was moved so much, he kept hugging her and hugging her! Dean threw her a little bit of shade, of course (just like he did when they came to visit me when I was in the hospital, holding Clair in my arms), but then he was back to adoring her within minutes. She said the day went really well, and she wasn't frazzled at all having all three kids all by herself all day long.

This makes me SO happy, folks. More than the smile that Clair gave me when she saw me. More than the extra love and hugs I got from the boys yesterday evening. More than getting in the bed and being fast asleep at 9:30 (halleluiah!) Because this means that maybe, just maybe, she won't quit on me! :-)

1 comment:

DCAngel said...

I am SO glad that you sound like you're handling the transition well, and bless Michelle for being able to handle all three kids with no problem! You're very lucky!

You are rocking those jeans, woman! Too bad you were rocking them at a New Edition concert...and I thought I was a nerd! ;)