(Janelle has her own very interesting story about finding out she was pregnant with twins. Read it here and crack up laughing.)
We went yesterday to a fancy studio in Clipper Mill and had an absolute blast. It was awesome! Even the waiting was fun because there were a ton of kid-friendly snacks and toys and we got to watch them photograph a bunch of other cute kids in all manner of adorable settings.
| Waiting... |
| Waiting... |
| Her outfit! (Sucking on the spray bottle was the only thing that kept her happy.) |
I glanced at the tag and saw the price $11 and thought, "Hey, maybe they'll let me buy this from them!" When I mentioned this to Janelle, she looked at the tag more carefully and let me know that my eyes are failing me. The price was $71. Seventy. One. Dollars.
Needless to say, we left that adorable outfit right there.
When it was time for her close-up (hahaha!), I was really nervous because Clair is in a major stranger anxiety phase, she was really tired (we had been there since 10:30 and it was noon when they called her) and the whole thing was sorta freaking her out a little bit, unless I was holding her on my lap.
We sat her on the prop and I silently prayed.
This is what she looked like when I walked away:
And then it got worse:
But I started acting like a pure crazy woman, jumping up and down and playing peek-a-boo and screeching like a banshee -- and something about me making a fool of myself in front of all these stylish women CRACKED Clair up, and she smiled, again and again and again. (You can't see it here in this video because it came from Janelle, who thought it was hysterical to get down on film the way I was jumping up and down like a lunatic.)
After a few clicks and a lot of laughing, the photographer called out, "We got it!"
And just like that, it was over. We had a lot of fun and everyone said Clair did GREAT! I was actually really proud of her. When those cameras started clicking, she turned on the charm. That's my girl!
The May issue of Baltimore magazine will be out in late April and I WILL be buying up the newstands! You should too!


2 comments:
That's so awesome!!! I can't wait to see it! And I am so incredibly, ridiculously impressed that she sat on that thing without moving even though no one was looming over her silently threatening to put her back in her place.
Tell me, Tanika, what's it like to have a kid who can sit still??
HELLO!
You look like a super model in that first photo. If you could only see how bad I look right now!
Post a Comment