Lester's 40 for 40 gift this weekend was a surprise trip to my Mom's
house. On our way there, he made a quick stop along I-95 at a new place he discovered that is
now my
favorite place on Earth. And then we continued on to my Mom's for a
little party Lester planned, with my two sisters and their kids, my Mom and
Dad and us. I was totally, totally surprised, and totally, totally
thrilled!!
Instead of gushing about it in all caps and a
million exclamation points, I will just show you what Heaven looks like
in my dreams.
 |
| Well, hello lovers. |
.JPG) |
| "Mommy! They are moving!!" |
 |
| Not anymore, they're not. (Five little loverboys. 12 pounds of amazingness.) |
.JPG) |
| He bought a bushel of crabs. They are all gone. |
.JPG) |
| More sea-dwelling protein. |
 |
| And still more, doused in white wine, onions and garlic. |
.JPG) |
| A couple sides (and my Mom's famous potato salad: not pictured.) |
 |
| Mom went out and bought these adorable crab-and-lobster cracking accessories. This double-sided paper towel holder is genius! |
.JPG) |
| Drunk off lobster, lemon and butter, I had no problems wearing this stupid lobster hat. |
Aaaaaaaand -- there was chocolate cake for dessert. BOO-YA!
I wish I was turning 40 EVERY YEAR!!
7 comments:
Girl you need to get to Maine where lobsters are dirt cheap all the time! Looks delish. I could eat seafood all day long.
But Tanika, what I really want to know is: Do you like seafood?
You look really cute in that lobster hat, btw. So glad you had a good weekend!
YUM!! The way to this girl's heart is through her tummy. I'm right there with you on shellfish! Btw, with all those shells, I hope you made some lobster/crab stock for lobster bisque soup or to make lobster ravioli. :) I love it when lobster is in season!
Happy 40th birthday!!!! Lester is awesome!
That looks amazing!! And Laura is right-come to Maine, where Lobster is cheaper than lunch meat.
Removed because it double posted!! But please! Visit anytime!
Post a Comment