Usually, I like to be at work, around friends and people who want to take me to lunch. :-)
Today, after having had three babies in two years, I just wanted to spend my birthday ... ALONE.
I took my time getting out of the house, I ran errands and talked to friends and family on the phone. I shopped, I ate lunch in the mall food court. I was the master of my own schedule.
| I got the deluxe pedicure -- the one that takes even longer to finish and includes hot towels and a leg massage. It was absolutely lovely. Best start to a new year in a long time! |
I'm looking forward to what this year will bring.
P.S. Lester gave me beautiful earrings and had the boys draw cards, which they gave to me this morning while I was still in bed. Dean proudly wrote a "D" on his card for me, and Cary drew me a rocket. I have the best boys -- all three of them.
3 comments:
AHHHH! I thought about you last night and I was thinking that I had been a terrible friend not to wish you a happy birthday on your 40th. Please forgive me, my brain hasn't been working lately.
But happy, happy, happy birthday to the youngest-looking, most immature, and downright coolest 40 year old I've ever met. I wish you so many good things and I'm so grateful that we're friends!!
xo
belated -
happy birthday!
Sounds like an awesome way to spend a pretty significant day. Welcome to the other side! :-)
Post a Comment