Friday, June 7, 2013

Cary has been on a roll

*Playing with these last night, the boys were whizzing through, matching pictures with letters like old pros. Then I noticed Cary looking forlorn. "I can't find it," he whined. "I can't find it!"
"Which one are you looking for?" I asked him.
"W," he said.
I did a quick scan of the floor and realized the W was already matched with its picture, the watermelon, and was away in the box, with the other already-matched cards.
"Are you sure you're looking for W?" I asked. "What picture do you have?"
He turns the card around so I can see it, showing me a yellow, sour fruit.
"Wemon," he says.
"Ummm, yeah, sweetie," I told him. "Good job trying, but I think you want the 'L.'"
Then I cracked up (silently).

*In the tub, going over personal information.
Me: Dean, what's your last name?
Dean: DAVIS!
Me: Good job! Cary, what's your last name?
Cary: Ummm. ummmm....ummm..."Beary?"

(Guess we have to do the last name drill a little more often with that kid. And stop calling him Cary Beary.)

P.S. I know we have not done a good job doing the personal information stuff with my kids. When did you all start drilling the whole "Phone number, address, call 9-1-1 in an emergency" stuff? Is now a good age to start?

* This morning, as I get dressed:
Cary: Mommy, do you have a baby in your tummy?
Me (sighing): No, but thanks for that, kid. That's just leftover from Clair. I'm done having babies.
Cary: Nooooo. I want you to have Russy!

Cary Beary is hysterical. Love that kid.





1 comment: