I have 15 minutes before a call, so I thought I'd take 10 to get down for posterity's sake a few things I have been meaning to blog about. In truth, each of the events could have been its own full post, but in the interest of time (which I never have enough of) this will have to do.
1. Russy and Matty spent a Saturday and Sunday with us, so my sister and her husband could spend their anniversary weekend sans kids. We went to the Harbor, and the Maryland Science Center.
 |
| B'more boys! |
 |
| This photo cracks me up. A dinosaur ROARED and this is the look they both gave. Ha! |
 |
| Isn't Matty the world's most adorable child? P.S. Please let me tell you about the temper tantrums when it was time to leave this water area (from Clair, of course). |
We went to the Charmery, a new super-cute ice cream spot in Hampden, which boasts spoons that change colors when cold! I had salted caramel ice cream; Lester had fig and port wine ice cream! Weird! The kiddos all got gummi bears on their (various flavors of) ice cream, which was really all they wanted.
 |
| Clair is eating all my salted caramel ice cream while I try to document this moment! |
 |
| The owner of The Charmery came over to personally compliment Cary on his "excellent ice cream mustache," complete with goatee! |
And we took them to a really awesome farm, where little piglets ran past us, we got to milk a cow, the boys officiated a pig race, and we got to hold little chicks just a day old.
 |
| Pale green and peach-colored eggs? Say what? |
2. Lester and I went to a really beautiful wedding (remember the aforementioned MACARONI AND CHEESE BAR?? [Whaaat?!]) and my sweetie and I clean up pretty good, if I do say so myself.
3. And we spent the night at my Mom's, which was good because my cousin Nikki (who had just defended her dissertation and so is now Dr. Nikki!) and her family came in town from New Jersey, so we got to see everyone, including my sister's Kadija's kids, who we haven't seen in way too long.
 |
| Nikki's daughter, Nia, who is the sweetest 8-year-old girl -- and very tall! Also, Alahna and Kwahli. Hi kids! |
 |
| Me and my "little" cousin, Nikki. |
 |
| For perspective, here we are at my Nana's house in Boston circa 1981. That's my cousin Dru sulking in the background. |
 |
| The kids had a FABULOUS time playing with all their cousins. As usual, there were tears galore when it was time to leave. |
 |
| This is my nephew, Kalonji, who will be 13 next month. I can't stand it. |
 |
| This is my brother Haleem and his girlfriend and her baby, Olivia. I was really excited to see Haleem. He almost always misses the family events. Love him so much. |
OK, now I'm all caught up. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment