Here is my schedule today:
6 a.m. - Wake up, reluctantly. Feel like vomiting because I'm so tired.
6:10 - Treadmill for a half-hour brisk walk. (This was my first day trying this. I realllllly intend to keep it up. Please send encouragement.) Feel like dying, because I'm so woefully out of shape.
6:45 - Shower/dress/Make bed/Help kids finish getting ready for school.
7:50 - Drop kids off at school. Run to 7-11 to pick up coffee. Decide not to buy a lottery ticket (This is a big deal, mind you.)
8:30 - Meeting with my boss and a youngster looking for nonprofit work
9 a.m. - Prepare for 9:30 interview. Return/send some email. (Steal a few minutes to write this blog post.)
9:30 - Interview
10:30 - Interview
11:30 - Interview
1 p.m. - Interview
2 p.m. - Interview
3 p.m. - Leave for assignment
3:30 - Assignment (with a photographer.)
6 p.m. - Hair appointment (We're going to a fancy black tie wedding on Saturday.)
7:30- Go to Target/Walmart for Pull-Ups for boys/diapers for Clair. And also ever-more hair products for me.
9 p.m. - Home/dinner/husband/collapse.
Minus the treadmill, which is new as of today, my life has been looking very much like this lately.
And my weekends have been so jam-packed this month, we haven't even made it back to church -- and won't until NEXT Sunday.
Now I ask you, when I am supposed to blog?
When am I supposed to spend (quality/instructive) time with God?
When am I supposed to get into Book 2 of "Game of Thrones?"
When am I SUPPOSED TO EAT?
6 comments:
Yes, where is the FOOD?! Eat, eat!
Congratulations on getting your butt on the treadmill. You can do eeet!!
Go you for getting on the treadmill! Seriously--that is huge. And maybe regular exercise will make everything else seem not quite so overwhelming. You will get through these days. You WILL. Wish you could have had a forced 2 and 1/2 week vacation like I did. Hugs! (And yes--I'm back at work, but I'm still taking a long lunch to be the mystery reader tomorrow. Kids first. :-)
Tanika + Treadmill = Fantastic! GO TANIKA!!!!
Treadmill AT 6AM?!? you are my hero! Go, Tanika, go!
As for the rest? I have no solutions other than putting one foot in front of the other and doing what you can. I mean, and then rewarding yourself for all those things you are able to accomplish... with a GLASS -- or four -- OF WINE. xo
Goodness Gracious! Your days are so full! Good for you for getting on the treadmill at 6 AM!!! I can barely pull my butt out of bed at 7 when the girls get up. Go Tanika Go! You can do it! Keep it up! By the way, when walking on the treadmill, try to keep good posture. Stand straight, shoulder blades back, core tucked in tight.
You amaze me with all that you do!
look at this way, if you give up eating, you won't need the treadmill!
Win-win.
You're welcome!!
Post a Comment