Tomorrow morning, I leave to go on my first post-kids girls' trip. Whoo-hoo!
Here's a photo to give a hint as to where I am going:
That's right, y'all! I am headed to NOLA!
I'm going with four amazing, talented, beautiful women who all worked at The Baltimore Sun when I was there.
All of us are still writing, though none at newspapers. Four of us are married, one is divorced. Four of us have children, but only one of us is a bit of a nervous wreck about leaving her kids for three days. Bet you can guess who that one is.
Nevertheless, I know it will be fine -- better than fine, actually. The kids will have a great time hanging out with their Dad, who has made lots of fun plans for them, and my sides are already prepping for the soreness I'm sure to have after all the laughing that will take place this weekend.
Also, Erin (who owns the house we're staying in) already has reservations for us at crazy-good restaurants, like this one on Saturday night. So my tastebuds (and waistline) are prepping for three days of non-stop phantasmagoria.
I am excited about catching up with my friend Candice, too, who lives in LaPlace - about 35 minutes outside New Orleans. (I met her at the Kansas City Star. She left to become a lawyer, and then a full-time SAHM. It's interesting to me how almost none of my journalist friends [save a few] stayed in the business. Hmmm.)
So this should be a great weekend of eating, drinking, talking, laughing and, mostly, feeding my soul.
I can't wait!

2 comments:
Jealous, jealous, jealous!! But still, can't wait to hear stories. Have a great time, girl - you deserve a break! :D
Have a fabulous, wonderful, outrageous, and relaxing trip. I know you'll come back energized and happy. :-)
Post a Comment