Today the boys had their orientation /first day at their new school!
We met their new teacher, toured their beautiful classrooms, watched as they selected cubbies, played with toys, did some spin art, and met new friends. They also saw their friend Marcus, and fell right in together, like old times.
.JPG) |
| This is the multi-purpose room. We were waiting to go up and tour their classrooms. |
.JPG) |
| Their new teacher, Mr. Valle. |
.JPG) |
| The Three Amigos. That's Marcus - in the stylin' hat. |
.JPG) |
| Making spin art. |
.JPG) |
| Their masterpieces! (And my toes.) |
Guys - it is such a nice building, with all the things you think of when you imagine what a pre-school should look like. I got all teary thinking about how blessed we are to be able to provide this kind of place for our kids - and about how this is the kind of school ALL kids deserve. I don't know how the years will go -- or even this year -- but I can tell you that I really felt good when I left there today.
This week is another crazy week, with weird schedules and introducing the new aftercare sitter to the routine, so I'm not completely out of the "I need a Xanax" woods just yet. But I'm getting there.
Speaking of the new aftercare person, Friday was officially Michelle's last day with us, after four years of being a total member of our family. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH! :-(
.JPG) |
| We'll miss you, Mi-Mi! |
I am so sad about it. She was a Godsend, truly. I don't know what we're going to do without her. We made a special dinner for her, and gave her flowers and a balloon, and we had chocolate cake to celebrate our time with her. We were all really sad (but cake helps!) and we're determined that Michelle will not be gone for long. We'll still have her come hang out with the kids for some date nights, etc. And she wants us to Skype with her from time to time, too. I love it that she loves my kids so much, especially because they ADORE her. So, for us, it's just see you later, Michelle, and not good-bye. You can't get rid of us that fast!
This weekend, as a matter of fact, we would have used her to go to my friend Andrea's wedding, but we decided to let them stay with my parents overnight so that we could enjoy the wedding and not have to get up at the crack of dawn the next day.
Andrea's wedding was fabulous! She looked beautiful, but she's asked us not to share photos of her, so I won't. Just trust me when I say her dress was gorgeous! And it was great to get together with her and so many friends and drink and eat and cut-up and dance the night away. We had so much fun!!
.JPG) |
| "Ussie" with my girls Kelly and Shreya |
.JPG) |
| Me and my sweetpea. Check him out in his new tux -- and 35 lbs. lighter! I hate him. |
.JPG) |
| Why am I so short? I blame my parents. |
.JPG) |
| The fellas, stylin'! |
.JPG) |
| By the end of the night, women were bringing out bottles upon bottles of spirits, with fireworks coming out the top. Yes, it was that kind of night. |
I might have done a little too much cutting up (ahem) because the next morning, Lester and I both needed this -- in copious amounts.
But it was great to get to go out to brunch with my sweetie and ease into the day. Many thanks to my Mom and Dad for watching the Davis crazies for us! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment