Tomorrow, we are taking our first long, out-of-town trip with the boys.
We are going to Boston to a family reunion being hosted by my grandmother, who I call Nana.
And we're taking a plane.
Yikes! And also ... Lord, have mercy.
We are leaving on a 12:30 flight, and we have figured out by working backwards that we need to leave the house around 9:30 to be sure we're on that flight.
Yes, you read that right. THREE hours before the flight takes off, we need to leave the house. And the airport is 20 minutes away.
Here is a partial list of the crap we are lugging: two Pack n Plays, two carseats, a double stroller, one big suitcase (for Lester's clothes and mine), one duffel bag full of baby clothes and necessities, one baby bag (to carry on the plane) full of baby clothes and necessities, one extra carry-on bag full of toys and random other stuff, like our boarding passes and a book. ("Yeah right, Tanika," I hear you all saying. "You really think you're going to get to read a book? Hahahaahahaaa!")
Did I say, "Lord, have mercy" already?
We're only going for four days, so I'm sure I've way over-packed, but I am so nervous about traveling with babies that I think it's better to be over-prepared than under.
It's a short flight from here to Boston -- in the air only 45 minutes -- so I'm hopeful they won't get too restless on our laps. But at the same time, because we're leaving at 9:30 (the EXACT time of their morning nap), they will probably not sleep at all tomorrow morning, out of excitement, and so, by the time the plane takes off, they might be going totally bonkers.
Again, pray for us.
The good news is: There will be lobster in this for me.
2 comments:
Good luck! We got to read books on our first flight with the boys, so there is hope!
Good luck Tanika! Being on a short flight is a good thing. And with lots of stuff to check at baggage check, arriving early is a VERY good idea. I went out of BWI on our vacation and it was NOT a good experience. (Not to scare you or anything.) But you have adorable twins, and I'm sure everyone will be crazy nice and accommodating for you! I'm sure your family is super excited to see you guys!
Post a Comment