Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Two babies, two brownies. Twice the craziness, half the patience

Since I last wrote, Cary has decided that he must wake up at 6:15, or 6:00 or even 5:45 a.m. and whine until we're worried he'll wake Dean. So then we put him in our bed for a few minutes or half-hour or so, because I don't get up until 6:30, and he either whines the whole time to get down, tries to pull everything off the nightstands or sometimes -- gloriously -- goes back to sleep!
He is totally adorable in our big bed, swallowed up by pillows, but seriously, I cannot make a habit out of this! The problem is, the alternative is getting up and getting ready for work when HE decides it's time to get up. Either way, the 14-month-old wins. How is that possible?

Also, since I last wrote, Dean has become even more of a handful than he ever was. He is willful, obstinate, defiant and angry. He throws toys when he's mad (which is a lot); he takes his anger out on Cary. He only wants to do what he wants to do at all times. And if you don't do what he wants, watch out! The other day, Lester leaned in to kiss me, and Dean pushed his face away from me as hard as he could, and then yanked my face by my chin to face him. At first, we weren't sure if what we thought happened had really happened, so Lester leaned in to kiss me again, and Dean did it again! My 14-month-old is possessive and jealous, and hits me when he's mad. Helllo...I'm in an abusive relationship!!

Also, Lester and I went to the doctor and discovered that -- Praise the Lord -- there's only one baby in there! Thank God. Seriously. Everything seems to be just fine in there, and we saw the little gummy bear waving its little nubs around. So, I guess I can no longer be in denial. There it is, in black and white, with a little frantic flicker of a heartbeat and an EDD of February 28.

Meanwhile, I've been getting snippy with folks, which is really not in my nature. I wrote a mean comment to a Baltimore Sun editorial, and posted something highly judgmental on a friend's Facebook status. The boys were so insane tonight at dinner, I had to have TWO brownies after they went to bed to chill out. Yes, this was a two-brownie night.

Will I need three brownies after February 28? Something tells me I absolutely will.

2 comments:

Wiley said...

I vote you try three now just to see how three brownies goes down ;-)

Candice Baptiste said...

If you hold out until March 4th for the actual delivery date I promise never to forget Curve Ball's birthday.