This weekend, Dean got his first haircut and both boys started walking!
They're still very unsteady on their feet -- and they only take 6 or 7 steps before falling into someone's arms, and then resorting back to crawling -- but they both did it! How crazy is it that they both started walking on the same day? This is probably the first milestone that they've hit together, or even close to together for that matter.
I'll try to get video soon, but it usually happens so fast, I don't have time to do anything but sit there and hold my breath and then it's over.
Also, we got Dean a haircut for the first time this weekend. I took totally cute pictures of him wailing, and then smiling at his newly-shorn look, but I left my camera at my mom and dad's! Grrrr!!
So, you'll have to wait for those pictures as well. Clearly, I suck.
(Edited 7/12 to show PHOTOS of the HAIRCUT! Whoo-hoo!!)
Here's Dean, realizing that he does NOT like the sound of those clippers:
When the very nice barber said, "OK, sweetie, all done!" he looked at her as if to say, "Really? You really mean it?" It was so cute!
Which he totally does! With a haircut and 2.5 teeth, my baby boy looks like a whole new person. Such a big boy!
In other news, I have been feeling pretty down about the news I reported last week (right here on this blog!) because I really have no idea how this is going to work. So my friend Kelly sent me this video (letting me know what's in store for me and Lester, in terms of transporting three small children around):
Swagger Wagon
Hysterical -- this video definitely lifted my spirits! Never thought I was the mini-van type, but God clearly has other plans for me.
When Kelly sent me the link to the video, her advice to me was: "Embrace the insanity."
Good advice, Kel. I think I'm going to put that right up there on the list with, "Ignore the tray."
No comments:
Post a Comment