I'm officially working from home this week, thanks to the kindness of my boss, who was probably tired of watching me hobble around the office, looking like death warmed over.
I had monitoring and a doctor's appointment, though, on my first day working from home, then I came home and ate lunch, so now I really do have to work.
But here's the update:
Curve Ball is acing monitoring, so no worries there.
At the OB's I got a cervix check. I'm up to 1 cm. dilated, which means my cervix is "favorable."
That means induction it is!
The docs want to schedule for the day I turn 39 weeks, which is next Tuesday, but I asked if they could do it on next Monday -- one day shy of 39 weeks -- instead. That's because it's President's Day -- and Lester is off, but Michelle will be here working.
So my work-crazy hubby won't have to take a day off and we'll have babysitting covered, at least most of the day. So it just works out. It'd be fine on Tuesday, too, but I just thought I'd ask.
The doc has to check to see if she can schedule me for one day shy of 39 weeks, because there are rules apparently about that. So we'll know later on this afternoon or tomorrow morning if we will be going in for an induction on the 20th or the 21st.
So the countdown is on! Tick tock, tick tock....
(And that's all if she doesn't decide to come on her own before-hand, just to show everyone who is boss!)
1 comment:
Yeah, I know at least our hospital has a rule that unless "medically necessary", they can't schedule inductions until 39 weeks unless there was a prior c-section and then it's 38? Or something like that. Seems like she should be able to get around if with an argument of medical necessity or the like.
So CLOSE!!!
Post a Comment