Tuesday, February 7, 2012

37 weeks daydreams

I'm 37 weeks today. And I can sorta see the light at the end of the tunnel but it is faint, folks. Like, that tiny little pinlight that the eye doctor shines on a wall a million miles away and asks if you can see it.

I just told a friend this morning in an email that the biggest thing is that I am SOOO, SOO, SOOO, SOOO tired. I'm too uncomfortable to sleep at night, and then when I do drift off, I have to pee 10 seconds later. And I'm starting to get emotional because I'm so tired. This morning I wanted to cry because I couldn't find the small containers to go with the matching Tupperware tops. And Lester said, totally benignly, "Maybe you left them at work?" which -- for some reason -- made tears well up in my eyes. Like, "Don't ACCUSE me of losing the Tupperware! I am doing the best I can here!"
Isn't that crazy? Seriously, I am a tired, uncomfortable, cranky, tired, tired, tired mess.

I frequently have daydreams about sleeping. Last night, I had an actual dream about sleeping.

And yes, I know that sleeping is going to be a mere memory once Curve Ball is actually here. But let's cross that bridge when we come to it.

Other than sleeping, here's what else I daydream about:

  • Walking up the stairs without feeling like I'm climbing a mountain
  • Getting out of the bed without rocking or rolling or needing assistance
  • Warm brownies with vanilla ice cream
  • Being able to wear my regular clothes
  • Being able to sit my boys on my lap again
  • Pillsbury slice 'n bake cookies, hot out of the oven
  • Putting my shoes on in less than 5 minutes (and without grunting and groaning)
  • Seeing less of my bathroom
  • Not being mad at my co-workers when they go to our single office bathroom without asking me if I have to go first, because, HELLLO! Of course I have to go.
  • Friday night Chinese take-out
  • Salt 'n vinegar potato chips
  • S-E-X (well, OK, not really. But I do daydream about the day when I will daydream about that again.)
  • Middle of the day napping with my peacefully sleeping baby
  • Seeing her face for the very first time
But mostly, if I am honest, I daydream about sleep. And I can't wait until that dream becomes a reality again.

(A year from now. LOL.)

1 comment:

Wiley said...

You've terrified me with the dream of sleeping now.