They crack me up with their little voices and hysterical (mis)pronunciations. And I've noticed a definite pattern: They start a lot of words with "T", "Tr", "D" and "Dr"...and no one knows why.
See for yourself:
Cary = Tary
Fruit = troot
Granddad = Dranddad
Floor = droor
Van = dran
Crying = trying
Cook = took
Phone = tone
Feet = teet
Kiss = tiss
Fork = tork
Frog = trog
Corn = torn
Popcorn = poptorn
Milk cup = milk tup
Good job = doodjob
Cereal bar = tereal bod (Cary); tereal bog (Dean)
Pancake = pantake
stop sign = top tine
Oh my goodness = oh my doodness
sing-a-long = tingarong
c'mon = tum on!
Here they are with their "tun-glasses:"
And then there are just funny little ways they put words together or pronounce them:
I'm running = Running me
Do it again; one more time = nother gen (Another again)
Please = pee pease OR puh-leeeeze
Music = muick
Blueberry = boobury
children = childrens
oven mitt = oven mitten
avocado = avocadonu
Mr. Potato Head = mashed potato head
There are many, many more. These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Funny, no? I'm glad to get these down, so that when they're teenagers, with earbuds permanently attached to their heads, and very little to say to me :-(, I can look back at this, remember their little voices and cute little words...and smile.
3 comments:
Lol - "Avocadonu"! I'm glad you documented this. Now if you can just have your kids run down this list of words while you're video taping, then you'll really have something to smile about when they're teenagers.
You and I laughed a the exact same spot on the video... when Dean fell over backwards and flipped off Lester's back. Poor Lester he looks like... who's job is it to teach these kids what time out means? They clearly don't get the concept. LOL!
Was glad to see the video at the end, as I was reading the top of the post I was going to recommend that you video more than you think is reasonable :-)
And the video got me to laugh out loud!
Post a Comment