Cary and Dean had their 2.5 year check-up today, even though they won't technically be 2.5 until November. The doctor wanted to get their flu shots in this month, so we just slipped in a little early.
Here are the stats:
Cary --weighs 26 lbs and is 35.5 inches tall.
Dean -- weighs 30 lbs. and is 37 inches tall.
There's almost nothing else to report.
Dr. Bodnar said to ignore Dean's stutter; it will likely go away. He said Cary's clumsiness stems from his low-muscle-tone issues, which he's had since infancy. Nothing to worry about, he said. We just probably shouldn't bank on his baseball career setting us up for an early retirement. Dean's INSANITY? Nothing to worry about -- all normal. The boys' lack of interest in most meals? Also normal.
He did say we should start potty training now. No more ifs, ands or butts. (Get it? Butts?) So, there's that. (Booooooo.)
And he said our boys' language skills are "spectacular." (Yayyyyy!)
That's it. It was all pretty routine. Even getting their flu shots was uneventful. Dean cried a little; Cary didn't cry at all. They both got Band-aids and life after that was grrrrreat!
Now I'm back at work, and I'm under the gun like crazy. So I'll catch up with you folks lay-tah!
P.S. Do you realize that the fact that they had their 2.5 month check-up means they won't be seen again until they're 3?? THREE??? My preemies!!! Ack!
2 comments:
Dude--don't listen to your doctor RE potty training. There's a fine line between encouraging and pushing too hard. You do NOT want to push too hard. You have two very smart boys and they WILL outsmart you. ;-)
I am SO glad Beth said that. I had read your post and thought, "Oh @!%$#!"
Post a Comment