One thing that I often take for granted is that I got to have both my maternal and paternal grandmothers in my life well into my adulthood. I know that's not something a lot of people can say.
My paternal grandmother, who I called Grandma, died from complications of pneumonia in June 2008, a day before my 35th birthday. I still miss her. Every single day.
My maternal grandmother, who I call Nana, is alive and well and living in Boston. She tries to get to Foxwood (the casino) every chance she gets, and still hosts a Friday night poker game in her apartment every week. I wish we lived closer so we could eat lobster together and she could whip my butt in Pokeno.
Grandma would have celebrated her birthday on Oct. 8. Happy Birthday, Grandma!
Nana celebrated her birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday, Nana!
I love my Grandmothers so much; they both showed (show) me nothing but unconditional love my entire life. And I've learned so much from each of them. I can't even start with the list of what I've learned. I'll be here all day.
| My Grandma, Rosyth L. White and my Nana, Earline G. Morris. Weren't they beautiful? |
1 comment:
AAAWWWWW! I miss grandma too, how is granddad doing?
Post a Comment