I had to wrangle all the kids this morning, because Lester had an early morning work appointment.
Before we came downstairs after brushing our teeth, I got down on their level and explained to the boys that I needed their help today very much. I was all alone and had to do EVERYTHING all by myself. I would appreciate it if they would help Mommy and be cooperative.
They said, "OK, Mommy!" I was dubious.
Surprise, surprise, I think my little talk worked, because they were much less obstinate and all-over-the-place and pretty much did what I asked them to do the second or third time, as opposed to the sixth or seventh -- or not at all.
But the best part -- the part that made me think about how GRAVY my life will be in a few short years -- was when I noticed that I hadn't heard Dean in a few minutes (I had Cary on the changing table, so he was left to his own devices). I called him and called him, and finally had to leave Cary to go see what he was up to. I steeled myself for the mayhem.
But this is what he was doing:
Can you see? He went and got a trash bag from the landing in the basement where we keep the box, and then came and put it in the trash can (sorta) all on his own!
He said, "Mommy, see? I help Daddy!"
Little does he know that, although Daddy usually takes the trash out, Mommy is the one who almost always remembers to put a new bag in the can. But whatever.
I'll take his helpfulness however I can get it! And I can't wait until I can really give this task to the boys to handle!
Thanks boys, you made Mommy's morning pretty easy!
3 comments:
Awesome, awesome, awesome. Your boy was helping with something you didn't even ask him to do! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that's good parenting right ther.
(Of course, when they do something wrong, that's got nothing to do with your parenting skills. Just keep that in mind.)
Happy Friday!
Angel said it better than anyone so I all I will add is, Amen!
And another Amen!
Post a Comment