I have a special place in my heart for Boston.
I was born there. Much of my mom's entire family lives there.
My Nana's there, my aunts and uncles are there. So are my cousins, including my cousin Ty, who is a Boston City police officer and was working the Boston Marathon yesterday.
As soon as the alert came into my inbox that there had been explosions at the marathon, the first person I thought of was him.
I can never reach him by phone, so I sent him a note on Facebook, checking on him and asking if everything was alright. He messaged back almost immediately that he was fine, but that there were a lot of injuries and they were serious. (Another reason why I love Facebook.)
I told him I loved him and asked him to be safe; I knew his long day at the marathon had suddenly gotten a thousand times longer.
And then I prayed for all the other people out there yesterday, runners and workers, friends and family, observers and others.
I prayed for them all.
And I will continue to do so today.
And I hope the cowards who did this are found. Soon.
God be with us all.
2 comments:
I'm so glad your cousin is okay.
I'm also glad that, at least in this one remote instance, Facebook was not evil.
Thank you for this blog post. I try not to read the news after a tragedy, because I can't handle it, but this was very touching and uplifting. I am so glad your cousin is okay. Love to your entire family Tanika.
Post a Comment