Clair also has decided that she likes books (whew!) She actually sits still when we're reading to her or her the boys and sometimes pretends to follow along with her little pointer finger. She sits and "reads" to herself on occasion, and Michelle said she caught her in the living room on the floor, looking at a book and cracking up laughing. Her favorite book right now -- which she brings over for us to read all the time -- is The Hungry Little Caterpillar.
Yesterday after work, I went and got my eyebrows done. I feel like a million bucks.
Cary continues to have a fine rash all over his body, despite us changing laundry detergents and using a different lotion (at our pediatrician's recommendation). He also has a blotchy red patch on his face that's been there for weeks. Methinks we need to call the doctor again. (Poor Cary -- it's always him.)
I had a board meeting last night and got home after the kids were asleep. Dean came in my room this morning and said, "Mommy, you were supposed to come in my room and hug me." (Sniff!)
I have a fancy-ish luncheon to attend this weekend and I have no idea what to wear. Nor does anything in my closet fit. I may need to go shopping. (So sad, right?)
I have been thinking a lot about the boys' synapse checklist and how far off we are from completing all our tasks. But then I looked at it carefully, and it's not so bad, actually. Here's what's left:
- Fly a kite.
- Dig for earthworms after a good rain.
- Sleep in a sleeping bag.
- See a real rainbow in the sky.
- Ride on some kind of boat.
I looked for earthworms in our yard the other day and found none. Not a one. So oh well.
And I can't control the rainbow situation, although they do know what they are. God's gotta help me out with that one.
So the only thing we probably won't do before they turn 3 (that we can control) is fly a kite.
Which is OK. There's always next year. And I'll just add it to Clair's checklist -- which is already percolating in my brain.
2 comments:
Hey Maria is SUPER knowledgeable about eczema so hit her up. I think easiest on twitter maylilallie
And flying a kite with young children is SUPER overrated. We've done it almost every year with the boys and they care for 5 minutes and then they're done.
OOOOh OOOOh! I have a super amazing fantastic idea! Patterson Park is having their annual park sleepover in June. Everyone gets a tent (or borrows one) and sleeps on one of the fields. There is security, games, campfires, storytellers, you name it! It was a hit last year. We are thinking that Antony might be of the age to actually enjoy it this year and how much fun would it be if you all joined us for one big campout? Think about it ;)
Post a Comment